First impressions of your facility are important to your customers and employees. One of the places that should always be spotless are your restrooms. To properly maintain the cleanliness of bathrooms is to have a daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule. Here are cleaning routines that will ensure a sanitized restroom in your Akron/Canton Ohio business:
Hourly Spot Cleaning
Larger commercial facilities sometimes require a day porter. A day porter is hired by the cleaning company that will work in and around the public to monitor the cleanliness of the bathrooms throughout the day. The day porter will always service the bathrooms when supplies get low.
Daily Restroom Cleaning
A daily cleaning is a more intensive cleaning and sanitization of the restroom during after-hours of the business when there is no or minimal personnel in the building. This cleaning includes:
- Trash removal
- Restock paper towels, toilet paper and sop
- Sanitize and clean restroom doors, toilets, sinks, countertops, urinals and changing stations
- Sweep and vacuum any loose debris
- Damp mop all floors with cleaning disinfectant
Deep Restroom Cleaning
A deep cleaning is important to ensure the spread of germs and build-up of dirt and grime. Depending on the use of the restrooms will determine if a deep-clean needs to be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. These tasks are usually done when not a lot of people are around to make sure the job is completed accurately.
- Remove dust and dirt on all partitions and walls.
- Dust high-low areas, vents, fans, baseboards and door frames.
- Remove the soil built up on grout around toilets, walls and fixtures.
- Deep scrub on floors. On a quarterly basis and usually an upcharge a floor machine will be used to scrub floors.
- If necessary, on a quarterly basis using a K-Vac to wash down the restrooms from top to bottom.
No one wants to walk into or use a dirty bathroom. A restroom is one of the most visited places in a workplace. A poorly maintained bathroom can breed germs and viruses making your employees sick. A sick employee can possibly loose revenue for your business. To make sure that your bathrooms are clean, and your employees stay healthy it is important to hire a professional janitorial cleaning company. At SERVPRO of Stark County, our employees are properly trained, and we use environmentally safe cleaning products. Call us today for a free cleaning assessment of your facility 330-497-1773.