You spend almost as much time in your office as you do at home. Its important to have good work habits to stay healthy. Having a clean office especially your desk will make you have less distractions and your productivity will increase. Although, having a neat, tidy and clean desk can increase your health and even your reputation with your co-worker and even your boss. Below are a few key ideas from SERVPRO of Stark County:
- Eat in the cafeteria or break room. Eating at your desk produces crumbs that could breakdown and become bacteria if you don’t clean up and wipe down your desk regularly.
- Remove any unnecessary items from your desk. Having extra knick-knacks will accumulate dust and debris. A clean desk will help you focus and produce productivity.
- Organize your work items. Place your work supplies in your desk drawers. If you don’t have enough desk space for your supplies, then invest in storage containers. Paperwork and folders can be filed in cabinets.
- Go Paperless if possible. Having less paper means less cutter and promotes a clean desk. Monthly go through your paper documents and throw out anything you don’t need or scan and save digitally.
- Clean up your desk before leaving the office at the end of the day. Take 5-10 minutes at the end of the day, to reorganize and prepare for the following workday.
If you don’t have a regular commercial janitorial cleaner coming to your office to clean and disinfect then follow the above steps. Having each employee responsible for keeping their office space clean will help prevent the spread of germs. Also, have them do a deep clean to your office especially during the winter months to stop the spread of germs.