An area that employees usually don’t clean up after themselves is the bathroom. It is the most important part of the building to be properly and regularly cleaned and disinfected appropriately. A clean and disinfected restroom helps prevent the spread of illness-causing germs, such as Salmonella, E. coli and norovirus which are routinely found in restrooms. If your employees get sick due to these germs it could impact the bottom line of the company.
Areas of the bathroom that are regularly touched such as the toilets & urinals handles and then other hard surfaces are touched need to be professionally disinfected and cleaned to reduce the risk of passing on germs. Bathroom cleaning also includes cleaning dispensers, walls, stainless steel, vents, stall walls and tops, floor boards and floors, drains, pictures, mirrors, showers, locker areas and other bathroom fixtures.
A detailed checklist for an accurately clean bathroom:
- Inspect paper dispensers and dryers to ensure they’re in working order
- Restock and fill soap, toilet paper and towel dispensers
- Sweep floors and mop, making sure to clean around and behind toilets and other hard-to-reach areas
- Wipe down sinks and counters
- Clean and sanitize toilets and urinals, including handles
- Disinfect and empty feminine hygiene dispensers and restock with new liners
- Disinfect door handles and stall locks, both inside and out
- Clean and shine mirrors
- Monitor trash receptacles and empty them before they’re full
- Wipe down stall doors, cabinetry and any hardware inside and out
- Dust all surfaces, light fixtures and light bulbs
- Check faucets, pipes and toilets for leaks
- Inspect drains to ensure they remain clog-free
- Wipe down walls to remove dust and particles that cling to surfaces
- Deep clean floors and scrub any tile and grout
- Clean baseboards, trim and tops of doors
- Clean overhead fixtures such as ceiling fans, vents, lighting and sprinklers
To reduce the burden on your employees, save money on cleaning supplies and maintain your company’s reputation, leave the professional cleaning to SERVPRO of Stark County. For a free, no-obligation consultation and assessment of your needs call us at 330-497-1773.